View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:40 pm

Pope resigns 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Pope resigns
I hear the Pope has resigned. They are saying nice things about him and saying he a martyr. All I can think of is the child abuse cover up, the prevention of the use of condoms in aids ridden Africa, his accusation that child abuse was cause by gay people even though he has no evidence of this, his criticism of other churches and faiths. Sorry but I then think that he should of resigned much sooner. :mad:

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Pope resigns
i have to question if the next one will be any better.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:35 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin
Site Admin

As I understand it Mark. The Cardinals get chosen by the Pope. Hence I suspect little change.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:51 am
Profile E-mail

I was surprized with the news, but I am not sorry to see him go. The RCC needs a lot of changes, but I do not think that the new Pope will change anything. One of the things that should change is the length that a Pope should be in office, and who should elect him.

Hermano Luis

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:24 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would not know where to begin. Here what I believe.
I would say that they need to get real that Mary was not the only holy woman in the church. That the story of Adam and Eve is a myth and speaks nothing about the status of Women. That God is not male. I mean what would God do with a male appendage and being the only one of God's kind. The clergy do not all have to be all male. They need to recognize that women are not there only to have children. They need to recognize that the pope or the church is not infallible and they get it wrong at times. Sex is not a bad thing and most of the disciples were married. There were female apostles. That child abuse is not something to be handle by the church alone. That contraception is not a crime. That the church did not invent marriage (it is found in many cultures and faiths) and gay marriage was possible under Roman rule. That sexual abstinence is a denial of the wholeness of the person you were created to be. that having experience of life outside of the clergy would help people understand the foolishness of the advice they give to others. That being a member of the RCC is not being the only Christians around. That God is not a Christian or a Jew or a Muslim and speaks to all faiths and therefore a little respect would be an advantage to understanding other faiths. That the churches history has been B####y, repressive and oppressive. It has also done some good but that does not mean one can be arrogant about their position in society which has been mostly won by brutality and political oppression.
I could go on.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:11 pm
Profile E-mail

you would also have to get the rcc to give up being the sole beneficiary of everything their priests ever have,and to provide for the nuns when they retire.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:40 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Yes but Pete. Apart from that. What do you really think is wrong with the RCC?
And he was in the Hitler Youth.The last one to resign was in 1415 (Battle of Azincourt).Nostrodamus thinks he's the last one, this could blow his quatrains out of his washing up bowl.Or not.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:13 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Being a member of the Hitler youth in pre-war Germany was not uncommon. It was not always safe to not join either. At the time it was seen as akin to the Nazi boy scouts and if you did not join you were seen as unpatriotic. This was not a safe thing to be seen as.
The thing I get so angry with is I believe prior to being Pope he was responsible for Priestly discipline. I do not see how therefore he would not have known about the child abuse cases. I also understand he had diplomatic immunity as Pope and therefore was not able to be brought in for questioning or arrested on the matter. He then blames this on gay people despite the fact that the child abuse is not part of gay relationships. He can apologize for the church as much as he wants (IMO) but until he is able to be personally brought in for questioning I just see it as another attempt to misdirect people.
I know Richard Dawkins wanted the Pope arrested on the UK visit and if it was me or you I think we would have been. In my opinion that stinks.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:44 pm
Profile E-mail

One of the advantages of being the ruler of an absolute monarchy, i.e., the Vatican City (last remains of the Papal State), at 109 acres, perhaps the smallest country around (unless you're talking about that one which occupies only the second-floor of a building on Crete).

Blessings, both Bright and Dark,
Ananta Androscoggin

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:25 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

There is also the Republic of Sealand. see:- http://www.sealandgov.org/
Britain does not recognize it and I do not know of others that do.
You can also buy yourself a title of Lord, Baron, Or Lady for about £30 (about $46). However I do not see any Sealand recognised passports yet.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:25 pm
Profile E-mail