View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:28 am

Scotland to be the first UK country to support gay marriage 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Scotland to be the first UK country to support gay marriage
It seems Scotland is likely to be the country that leads the way on Gay Marriage. See:-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... hange.html

Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Scotland to be the first UK country to support gay marriage
It may come to the whole of the UK even if the CofE reject it.
see:-
http://www.churchtimes.co.uk/articles/2 ... x-marriage

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:45 am
Profile E-mail

:clap: huzzah!

But argh! I'm torn between my personal support for same-sex marriage and my belief that this is the right course of action, vs my belief that democracy means letting the stupid masses be as bigoted as they stupidly choose. :sob:

Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:18 am
Profile E-mail

Isn't it wonderful being a human.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:10 am
Profile E-mail

seems you'll likely see it in the uk,before we ever see it in the us.

and democratically speaking,everyone should have the right to be married to whom they choose(within the current laws for age).if someone doesn't wish to be involved,they shouldn't have to be.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:29 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

rev mark wrote:
seems you'll likely see it in the uk,before we ever see it in the us.

and democratically speaking,everyone should have the right to be married to whom they choose(within the current laws for age).if someone doesn't wish to be involved,they shouldn't have to be.

:thumbs: good answer!

Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:27 pm
Profile E-mail

And as for age of consent, the lowest in europe is in the Vatican which also has the smallest railway and highest crime rate.Not a lot of people know that.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:04 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tsukino_Rei wrote:

But argh! I'm torn between my personal support for same-sex marriage and my belief that this is the right course of action, vs my belief that democracy means letting the stupid masses be as bigoted as they stupidly choose. :sob:

I just work on the principle of supporting anyone's beliefs providing they support the rights for others to think different. The trouble is at the moment the conservative voice is using the UK government to dictate what others should do. Most liberal minded churches, The Unitarians, The Quakers, and the Reformed Jews, want the right to perform Gay marriages but are being prevented by laws laid down by the Church of England and Catholic Churches centuries ago. Now if conservative churches do not want to do gay marriages, I may not like that view, however, that is okay and I invite gay people to leave such churches, but I see no reason that the conservative churches should also have the right to dictate to the rest of us. For me I find it flies in the face of the human rights for freedom of faith. It should be noted that Conservatives are not the only ones who have a faith or have faith.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:06 pm
Profile E-mail

Pete wrote:
Tsukino_Rei wrote:

I just work on the principle of supporting anyone's beliefs providing they support the rights for others to think different. The trouble is at the moment the conservative voice is using the UK government to dictate what others should do. Most liberal minded churches, The Unitarians, The Quakers, and the Reformed Jews, want the right to perform Gay marriages but are being prevented by laws laid down by the Church of England and Catholic Churches centuries ago. Now if conservative churches do not want to do gay marriages, I may not like that view, however, that is okay and I invite gay people to leave such churches, but I see no reason that the conservative churches should also have the right to dictate to the rest of us. For me I find it flies in the face of the human rights for freedom of faith. It should be noted that Conservatives are not the only ones who have a faith or have faith.

Amen my brother!

Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:47 pm
Profile E-mail

It's called the law of vested interest.Those in power will use and abuse that power to stay in power and keep things just the way they like them.
This really isn't a true democracy you know.I don't think such a thing currently exists.
Some will always think they know better than everyone else and kindness and compassion are regarded as weakness despite apparent appearences.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:01 am
Profile E-mail