View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:28 am

Darwin aint true say school 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Darwin aint true say school
An evangelical christian school in the US is reported to be teaching people that Darwin is wrong. They say that if evidence exists that dinosaures existed at the same time as mankind then Darwin is obviously wrong.
Now wait for this. The evidence they site that dinosaurs are existing at the same time as man is Old Nessy the mythical monster from loch Ness in Scotland.

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/06/25/ ... d%3D114614

I bet if Darwin were alive he would be shaking in his boots over such considerable evidence. :lol:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:41 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Darwin aint true say school
Simple logic for simple people. All the wonders of the universe, all the beauty of nature and the awesomeness of quantum physics. And they choose to believe in disproven gibberish.
It's at times like this that you just have question some peoples sanity. And motive.
Aren't the laws of physics magical enough?
It has been considered by some that leaving the trees was the best thing our ancestors did. I think some of them have yet to leave the swamp.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:17 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am prepared to concied that Darwins idea of an evolutional tree is somewhat challenged today and it seems we have collected things sideways as well so it looks more like an evolutionary mesh but at least Darwin's work was based in science and evidence to back it up.
Creationists as I see it have nothing but a whim that something is because its written in a book 2000+yrs old and jumping at Old Nessy as evidence just shows to me how desperate they are to try and find something to support their assertion. Really desperate (IMO).

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:35 am
Profile E-mail

And the famous picture of Nessie is of a model about 12" long.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am now more convinced that they maybe true. I have just seen a Welsh green dragon on TV with children at a Butlins camp. What other evidence does one need. :lol:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:09 am
Profile E-mail

Ain't cognitive dissonance awesome ? ! ? !

What's most appalling is how proudly these people believe these things which the slightest bit of learning would show them are bald-faced lies and outright fear-mongering propaganda.

Willful ignorance is one thing, but to be proudly, willfully, ignorant just takes the cake, the plate, the table, the kitchen, and the whole house (& maybe the neighborhood too).

Some of them contend that their bible is Literally True in all its detail. Guess that means that dragons, unicorns, and basilisks are biblically real critters to be worried about.

Blessings, both Bright and Dark,
Ananta Androscoggin

Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:25 pm
Profile E-mail

Pete,I'm starting to swither.

Ananta, one of my favorite websites is the Skeptics Annotated Bible.
If the Bible is all true and accurate then these marvelous people are able to believe contradictory facts. Or they don't read it. Or they are selective. Or, like the White Queen (through the looking glass) they are able to believe several impossible things before breakfast.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:29 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I guess it starts when an person accepts that the bible is the actual word of God. For those who do (I am not one of them) they say that if a thing is contradictary then it it is either to do with the translation but it was not there in the original writings (which we no longer have and so we cannot check this) or they are say the problem is not with the bible but our understanding of it (and then in my experience a huge amount of verbal and cognitive dexterity is used to justify it). All in all, I cannot see the concept that if God is all powerful and this is his word, in which every one must believed in order to be saved, because if so then it shows a lack of protection of the original word or poor communication skills from God. However, when one says this I get accused of God hating and being irreverent to God. All I can say is that many things get hidden behind God who gets so upset with what I think about the bible.
For me being a liberal Christian I do not have to justify something when I plainly see that something as contradictions, errors or myths. I acknowledge that there is profound things in the bible (IMO) but as I see it, it is the word of man about God rather than God's inerrant word. Please note I gave up addressing the bible years ago with a capital as in "Bible" because I cannot see it as all accurate or anything but the word of man.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:33 pm
Profile E-mail

Ignorance is foolish.

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Life can be so hard sometimes and the way so unclear and I think some (IMO) take advantage of this, whilst others trust them.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:01 pm
Profile E-mail