View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:39 am

Young boy killed because he was thought a witch 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Young boy killed because he was thought a witch
I read with horror the story of a boy named Kristy who was murdered by his family because they thought he was a witch. The hell Kristy must of gone through I just cannot say fully, but I am sicked by it. This is thought to been the actions of a family of extreme fundamental Christians and seems to have taken us all to a history back to the middle ages.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... witch.html

I am not saying that Kristy was a witch or not, but I very much doubt it. It would not matter to me if he was because he still deserves love and respect.
This all is another evidence (IMO) that those who cannot question their dogma and seek love are given to extremism and barbaric acts.
I hope Kristy has more peace and love now than he ever had in his tragic and short life time.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Young boy killed because he was thought a witch
and may those who did this never have any for the rest of their lives.

i don't care if they are alleged christians,or muslims.i cannot agree with killing based on religious beliefs.there is no deity that requries such actions.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:18 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin
Site Admin

rev mark wrote:
and may those who did this never have any for the rest of their lives.

i don't care if they are alleged christians,or muslims.i cannot agree with killing based on religious beliefs.there is no deity that requries such actions.

Totally agree Mark

Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:35 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

They will likely get life in prison :- http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/01 ... 85684.html
The court did not accept a manslaughter charge.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Once again what we have here is evidence of the ongoing ignorance of our social elite regarding the importation of social norms of immigrant cultures.
Last sunday I watched the Nicky Whasisnames debate (if you can call it that) on what it means to be British.
Now the funny old thing is that we, as a national rump of empire and previously, have always welcomed people from far flung.From the Huegenots etc. There are people in the northeast with Arabic surmames (from Aden).
The thing is, similar to the USA, they have always previously integrated and dispersed into the general population. Even then they have maintained a cultural identity.For example,when John Diamond died,Nigella remarried within her own belief system.
The point I am making is that the rule of British Law has always been observed.Untill now.
OK,there have been the ocaissional exceptions within the Chinese community.
Actually. The more I think about it the more I realise that some things don't change.
Which is reassuring in some ways.
And yes, I have empathy for the kid. But look at the big picture.
They did get 30yrs +/-
We still have the legacy of the Magna Carta.
Which is nice.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:50 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I also think in this case we are inheriting much of the teachings of fundamental beliefs which Britain helped sow in the past. I look at the divergence of the Anglican church and its radical fundamentalism in areas like Africa and its growing Liberalism in the US. Most of the push against accepting female Bishops and Gay weddings in the CofE is coming from Africa. Maybe the CofE reaps what is sowed.
I still think the biggest hope for the UK's future is intergration of cultures. The trouble (IMO) is we mostly hear of those who have no intention of intergrating in the press.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:53 am
Profile E-mail

And unfortunately it's the fools over here in American evangelical and pentecostal churches who are mostly funding the training in this kind of murder all across the parts of Africa where their missionaries practice their cultural warfare.

Apparently, in order to be a good "Republican" voter, one must be incredibly stupid, ready to believe in any absurdity presented to them, and shovel out truckloads of money to keep this war going on. While there are some things I can eventually forgive some Christian sects for, the practice of sending missionaries to destroy other people's cultures is not among them.

Blessings, both Bright and Dark,
Ananta Androscoggin

Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sadly its not only the Christian sects that are doing this. Where ever you get a strongly placed religion that cannot tolerate any other I guess it occures. The victorians in the UK went around destroying pre-historic standing stones fearing they were of the devil and Islam went around Afghanistan destroying ancient statues of Bhudda. Intolerance has a lot to answer for (IMO). All such things just destroy freedom of thought and practice and breeds more hate and lack of understanding. There is a lot in the suggestion of live and let live (IMO).

Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:43 pm
Profile E-mail

The Law of Vested Interest will always apply.

And arrogance will prevail where ignorance is the norm.

Taliban means students.Ironic really.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:02 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I believe the law of vested interest is also the main reason for many of these sort of events. Destroy any opposition or alternative viewpoint and you gain power.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:01 am
Profile E-mail