View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:58 pm

Ordination 

Are you ordained by ULC?: No
Post Ordination
So as many of you may or may not know I've been heavily involved with the Independent Sacramental Movement for a while and have been studying theologically with both the Progressive Christian Alliance and the Episcopal Catholic Church I am happy to say that as of this past Sunday I was ordained by the PCA, and will be priested into the ECC in early August in a small church service.

Its been an incredible three years of discernment with both of these and a worthwhile one, a journey that in earnest began a long time and had a very little bit of time spent with the ULC as possible avenue. However sadly this simply was meant to be. However this place was a place I could come to when I first started looking outside the mainstream and so I just wanted to share.

All the best.

Rev. Rob

I think the new spirituality will be a spirituality that's not based on a particular dogma. And that steps away from the old spiritual paradigm that we have created on this planet, which comes from a thought that there is such a thing as being better.

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Ordination
Well I'm still hanging around. As you may have gathered, I don't take religion all that seriously.
I am interested in Quantum Mechanics & the nature of reality though. How it would appear that an observer in the in form of Consciousness is a requirement for the collapse of the Wave Function. This does not imply a deity. It is anything that is sentient. So yes, when a tree falls in the forest it makes a sound. There are plenty of things to hear it.
Materialists say that consciousness is an attribute of the brain. That is counter to the result of the Double Slit Experiment. Other materialists postulate that we are an ancestor simulation. That's like saying Turtles all the way down.
I tentatively consider that we are Fractals of the One. I read a phrase many years ago. Without limitations, nothing can be measured. Nothing gained. We learn things by experience. Why shouldn't Consciousness. Consider that Quarks etc are just points of information. Yet they make everything. This really is the Matrix. Only we are running it. It is a total immersion computer game.
From other stuff I have read, our ancestors had some inkling of this. The true secret of the Gnostics was a ritual that gave then a Near Death Experience. This secret ritual was performed by many mystery cults all over the ancient world. The clues are there. Guess who suppressed this activity whenever they found it.
&, it was called, Resurrection. Imagine if you had heard about what went on but got the wrong end of the stick? & then told stories. If you knew what went on, you were sworn to secrecy.
Judaism 2,000+ years ago had many sects. & several gods off & on. Rabbinical practice had not yet been adopted.
JC was clearly privy to Gnostic info. He got resurrected before he was executed. He was no more a god than any of us.
Anyway. If this place closes I will miss it. I hope your next life's a good one.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:48 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Zen. I have read about near death experiences fro. Medical journals. It seems the brain produces masses of endorphins to cope with the pain of death. It is like a morphine trip. Near death experiences are not proof for or against after life..
You have been our consistent supporter and I am grateful to you.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:32 pm
Profile E-mail

Medical journals are an important source of information. But what do they say about Quantum Mechanics? A good detective follows several lines of inquiry. As Sherlock said, "Once you have eliminated the impossible, what is left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:11 am
Profile E-mail

Just by way of sharing something interesting, may I suggest YT Tom Campbell & Bruce Lipton.A Physicist & a Biologist.

Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:15 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

We are energy and reality is an illusion. We have just developed a consciousness of our being.. There is nothing to prove consciousness after we die. However all things are possible even if not probable.

Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Just when I think I understand something I'm bamboozled. My son wonders about reality and whether we're here or not. I dont understand him either. Zen you must keep explaining to the basics aka me your views interest me.

Rev Rob congratulations on your new ordination. I wish you well with your ministry and look forward to hearing more from you and how you are doing too.

Love, Life and energy to you

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:53 pm
Profile E-mail