View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:03 am

Companies. in Panama? 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Companies. in Panama?
The leak of business details in Panama appears to have brought down Icelands PM. Mr Cameron's father implicated.Others under threat. We all knew it was happening but could never prove it. Is there such a thing as a wealthy moral person?

Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:28 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Companies. in Panama?
In Matthew 6.24 it says 'No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money'.
If we view God as something within all people, this would mean 'you cannot serve money and the people'.
The well off do sometimes contribute a great deal to good causes and I'm sure we all remember the original Band Aid single with artists donating their time and money for starving people in Ethiopia. A momentous moment of compassion. But on the whole, compared to poorer people, what percentage of their wealth do the majority of the rich give to worthy causes and what percentage of their time to they donate?
Sadly, instead of being satisfied with being exceptionally comfortable, the aim of many rich people is to generate more wealth and only give lip service to those less fortunate. As the saying goes, 'the proof of the pudding is in the eating' , and the fact is there is enough wealth to eliminate world poverty but it just does not happen.
Therefore the answer to your question Pete, I believe is 'No', only some are less immoral than others.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:38 pm
Profile E-mail

It's just human nature. Comfort, security and power are addictive. What does an addict know about excess?

Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:56 am
Profile E-mail

The Panama issue might bring down some governments. I think that the problem is not the money, the problem is greed. The Srimad Bhagavad Gita considers greed as one of the causes of great suffering. The question to ask ourselves is: Can we become wealthy without becoming greedy?

Hermano Luis

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:13 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

The bank is talking about restoring the privacy of its customer and investigating who hacked them. Not one word of apology on helping people steal tax. There are other off shore banks the public has no access to the records. No talk of prosecution and yet if it was me or you we would probably be in jail.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Hermano Luis wrote:
The Panama issue might bring down some governments. I think that the problem is not the money, the problem is greed. The Srimad Bhagavad Gita considers greed as one of the causes of great suffering. The question to ask ourselves is: Can we become wealthy without becoming greedy?

Hermano Luis

Totally agree with this and other comments. Greed exists within all of us and is not helped by moral values being respected less than a big balance. People tend to respect the successful businessman or woman more than someone that gives up their time to help the less fortunate.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:27 pm
Profile E-mail

This has nothing to do with companies in Panama, but my friend Angela and I have been thinking of traveling to Panama. She's been to Costa Rica.

We wanna watch the ships go through the Locks, from the Pacific into the Atlantic, or the other way around!
There is a restaurant where you can sit and watch this take place!!

A lot of people there speak English.
But we both speak Spanish.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:43 pm
Profile E-mail

Cool.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:49 pm
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
Cool.

I know!
It probably takes hours, it's what I'm thinking!

Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:04 pm
Profile E-mail

All of this offshore business was going to end in tears.
All that hassle to not pay tax.

Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:20 pm
Profile E-mail