View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:22 am

Facebook page 

Do you know about our Facebook page?
No. 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
Yes, I use it. 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Yes, but I rarely use it 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Yes, but I don't use it. 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
It's really good. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It's not good at the moment. 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
It's not good at all. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
What's Facebook? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9

Facebook page 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Facebook page
Greetings and brightest blessings to you all.

How many members use, or are aware of our Facebook page?

I would like to throw open to discussion how we could best use this free resource. This forum is paid for and administered by Admin Staff and I am glad to see a recent increase in member posts. Thank you all for sharing with us. However, we have a free world wide social media page that we are hardly using at all.

This is just a personal query to gain knowledge of what you, our members, think of the Facebook page.. There is no question of closing this forum down in favour of Facebook. As long as there is someone willing to visit and show an interest in what we do here there will always be a forum. This is the ULC in the UK's first point of contact for all ULC Ministers worldwide, and long may it remain so.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this. Please ruminate and let us know.

Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:12 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Facebook page
Thanks Califer. Although I use facebook it is not my favoured media. There nothing like the conversation that can occur on a well used forum. The facebook page was set up to attract people to this forum. I would like to think it does that but I am not fully convinced. We get a lot of likes but not so many people applying to come on the forum. I go on the page now and again but rarely post there. I much prefer the forum. On a forum a person can look back on previous entries easier and learn from what people are saying. Facebook entries are largely a one off and gone tomorrow affair.

Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:54 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree Pete. Maybe we should be looking at a higher presence on the Facebook page then in order to attract more people here. As it is I am willing to bet that a lot of people go to the page and see the inactivity there and think that the forum will be the same.

Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:22 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think that facebook is different and yet in direct competition with the forum. There have been many people who used to post on the forum a lot and now post only on facebook instead. The trouble with facebook as I see it is that people will never learn from each other, there is no development, and their pages are just full of posts from other facebook posters. One sees very little of the person themselves and if you do not have permissions then you will not see their content at all. As I said I really do not like facebook although I use it myself from time to time. I fear being more active on the ULC in the Uk facebook page will not help the forum. However I maybe wrong. It would be interesting to see if it attracts anyone. However, that is just my opinion. Maybe it would be interesting to know on the forum how many came to us via the facebook page.
Please let us know if you were attracted to the forum via facebook.

Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:16 pm
Profile E-mail

I don't use Facebook that often, ever thought of a Twitter page?

I'll help set it up should you wish.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:03 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I did not miss your post Inner Peace but I know so little about Twitter and how to set up a page there. I do not know how that would work. At present me and the admin all share the same page on the ULCintheUK facebook page. Is that possible on twitter? Maybe you could have a chat with Califer. It does sound interesting though. Thanks for the offer. I do think we should definitely consider it. Twitter does seem to reach a larger mass media than facebook. I often hear it quoted on the TV.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:20 pm
Profile E-mail

Pete wrote:
I did not miss your post Inner Peace but I know so little about Twitter and how to set up a page there. I do not know how that would work. At present me and the admin all share the same page on the ULCintheUK facebook page. Is that possible on twitter? Maybe you could have a chat with Califer. It does sound interesting though. Thanks for the offer. I do think we should definitely consider it. Twitter does seem to reach a larger mass media than facebook. I often hear it quoted on the TV.

Sure I'll get in contact with Cal and we can look into that.

Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:11 pm
Profile E-mail

i would hate to see this forum disappear,but if it costs that much,would understand.
i hate facebook and the like with a passion,and true,being from the other side of the pond,don't visit here that often,but i like this set up better. :band:

Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:35 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Rev Mark. It is great to hear from our members on both sides of the pond.

Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:24 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rest assured Ministers that there is no intention to shut down this forum.

It is and should always be the first point of call for ULC Ministers. I support the forum as do all the Admin team and we shall never turn away from that responsibility. I, for example, had a bit of a spate a few years ago and I stopped visiting; I did, however, continue to support it through web hosting, finance and such. I think I can speak for all the team in this matter; the forum is here to stay! :clap:

Through this poll, I was looking for information from members to see, in their opinion, if social media could be used as a tool to increase interest and traffic here.

I have no issues with opening a twitter account in the future, however, I think that as we have a page on Facebook, can we first see if by using it more we can attract more visitors here?

I am not sure whether Twitter is in any way more popular than Facebook. I have a twitter account and to be honest I don't use it because it annoys the life out of me. Funny story, and don't ask why because I can't explain. I have 6 followers on Twitter, 3 of them are ex 1980s page 3 models! Nuff said!

Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:41 am
Profile E-mail WWW