View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:17 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Weekend 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Weekend
I hope I can. Always been one of my fantasies, driving an open top convertable along a straight desert road into the sunset. Electra Glide in Blue is one of my favourite movies. Now a Harley! But I don't have a bike licence.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Pete dude. Let us know how you are.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:28 pm
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
I wouldn't go so far as happy. Not sure I will ever be that again. Fairly resigned to the status quo perhaps. I still maintain the traditional British ability to self deprecate and laugh in the face of misfortune, albeit somewhat restricted of late. I have always said that all subjects are available for a humorous perspective except grief. I am now exploring the truth of that. I am trepidatiously looking forward to an adventure with you. You may just regard it as a 'visit'. I am concerned that statiscaly I am safer from fundamentalists in europe than your police service. Well, it's not called the wild west for nothing. Yeehaa. Did I mention I might not be able to hire a car?

LOL!
Do not worry, sir.
I have wheels.
Best thing would be for you to fly into Austin Bergstrom International Airport. They have 1 British Airways flight a day, direct, so you do not have to deplane somewhere else.
The airport is tiny!
I love it!!!!

We will not encounter fundamentalists anywhere, just so you know!
And ...
you do not know this yet, but you will be a sensation!
Your accent will elevate you the the "celebrity" status!!

Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:03 pm
Profile E-mail

Fundamentalists I can cope with. I spent my formative years being threatened by the IRA. Things getting blown up over here on this side of the pond is an old story and not just in the UK. I am more worried about trigger happy cops in Texas. Being a celebrity might help. Do I have to do interviews? :lol:

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:30 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
Fundamentalists I can cope with. I spent my formative years being threatened by the IRA. Things getting blown up over here on this side of the pond is an old story and not just in the UK. I am more worried about trigger happy cops in Texas. Being a celebrity might help. Do I have to do interviews? :lol:

I've tried replying to this post twice, and both times I "timed out!"

Will have to address things in little bits!

I sent you an email to the email here, did you get it? It looks like it did not go through!!!
:sob:

Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:02 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:

I do not think we will encounter trigger happy cops!
I've been pulled over 4 times in a year, since I moved to Texas.
For not stopping correctly at a stop sign, for driving too late, for forgetting to turn on my headlights!!!!! (go figure that one!)
For brake/tail lights being off.
To ask me if I am driving home late (from work, which they do not believe) because I am returning from the pub/bar.

All silly stuff!!!

Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:04 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
I hope I can. Always been one of my fantasies, driving an open top convertable along a straight desert road into the sunset. Electra Glide in Blue is one of my favourite movies. Now a Harley! But I don't have a bike licence.

:lol:

Sorry ... I take it there are no deserts in England/UK. Too much rain ... ???

When your restriction comes off your driver's license, you can rent the convertible!
Mustangs are fun!
Did that in California. My hair was a giant disaster!

Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:06 am
Profile E-mail

Last year I drove over a hatched area seperating lanes at traffic lights. A cop came and told me I would be fined. The white lines were broken meaning I could drive over them if it was safe to do so. If they were solid I could only drive over them in an emergency. The cop was wrong. But I just listened and apologised. After I had moved the car to a safe place we had a chat and he asked me where I was going. I said ' the lodge' so he let me off with a warning. No on the spot fines here or I would have seen him in court. That would have been fun.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:35 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
Last year I drove over a hatched area seperating lanes at traffic lights. A cop came and told me I would be fined. The white lines were broken meaning I could drive over them if it was safe to do so. If they were solid I could only drive over them in an emergency. The cop was wrong. But I just listened and apologised. After I had moved the car to a safe place we had a chat and he asked me where I was going. I said ' the lodge' so he let me off with a warning. No on the spot fines here or I would have seen him in court. That would have been fun.

Over here we half-joke that they are bored and do not have enough to do, and pull people over to have someone to talk to.
Also, we joke about "quotas". They, apparently, are supposed to pull over a certain number of people. So towards the end of the month, they are pulling everyone over, to meet their quota.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:26 pm
Profile E-mail

I saw that. A cop left because he was always under pressure to fine people. He said there was a monthly prize.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7