View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:01 am

how do you join Scotland 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post how do you join Scotland
How do you become part of Scotland?

Wed May 13, 2015 12:02 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: how do you join Scotland
Something I have asked myself especially after the election I put some serious thought into emigrating. To be honest I think that would be your only option though I notice a petition to get the north of England to join Scotland has recently got a lot of signatures.

In truth I have begun to think that if I want to see real change then I need to become more involved in politics myself along with people like me as in ordinary people. This is something I am already looking at along with campaigning for electoral reform which I think is now a must, I'm not yet ready to leave England if the capacity to change is still a possibility.

But I understand your sentiment completely.

I think the new spirituality will be a spirituality that's not based on a particular dogma. And that steps away from the old spiritual paradigm that we have created on this planet, which comes from a thought that there is such a thing as being better.

Sat May 16, 2015 11:03 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Trouble is politics is an all absorbing and dirty game. Sadly it has become more about personalities than fighting for what one wants. Some will just vote because they are photogenic or a good speaker. Does not seem to matter whether what they say makes sense or not. Many say that they like a strong leader but when pressed could not tell you one thing they stand for. Take Mr Cameron, he desperately wants to present himself as an honest person you can trust. Yet despite his words he is hiding the fact that he is cutting the NHS everyday. He keeps saying about English votes for English laws as if it is fair but if he gets this it will tie the north to a tory dictatorship from the majority population in the south and London for ever.. I cannot stand the hypocracy.
I think it only leads the north to break away to get heard. I do not like to break up the union but I do not see what else with this government.

Mon May 18, 2015 3:20 am
Profile E-mail

Just because mainstream Politicians play what a polite person would say is morally dubious, doesn't mean all Politicans do or that it cannot be changed (although I recognise the challenge that in itself is) take Caroline Lucas say what you will about the Greens but she sticks to her convictions and fights for them and is considered to be one of the most hard working Politicans not to fall into the corruption pit that seems so many fall into.

As for the Union, I live in the South a predominantly right leaning part of the country (Plymouth) however their is also a strong presence opposed to the Torys and even more opposed to Tory ways but uninterested in voting in what they perceive and it's accurate a system that allows votes to be wasted.

Now electoral reform of course isn't in Mr Cameron's interest from a party point of view, as it will give a voice to all people and put the final nail in the two party system that has been degrading for the last twenty to thirty years. Now as I said from a party point of view it isn't in his interest however, if Mr Cameron is serious about his love for the Union then it would be disastrous for him politically speaking to be the prime minister who oversaw the break up of the UK because he refused to reform an electoral system that ignores millions of voices particularly up North.

Mr Cameron would not survive the break up of the UK, and his party in the short term would suffer as right wing as the South of England can be it would not take the break up of the UK lightly, the reason would be the chain reaction it would possibly send to Wales as well as parts of the North not in Scotland who have already got a petition going to cede from England and join Scotland.

These things are all possible if Mr Cameron refuses to move and calls Scotland's bluff as he will have given Nicola Sturgeon all the ammunition required and he will have also further alienated the people of Scotland and the North, if he continues on then yes the UK will cease to be, but so will Mr Cameron's political life one does not simply shrug off the death of the union and being the one responsible.

I don't like Mr Cameron he is a hypocrite of the highest order a liar, and someone who has time again used personal tragedy for political gain something I dispise, by all men's make parelles touch on it lightly we all know what happened we know you have a first hand experience with disability and being a carer, don't go in depth into it while simultaneously using this as an argument for why we can trust you on the NHS when all the evidence says different its a cheap tactic and cheapens politics further and the man.

I won't make an outright personal attack on anyone and I'm sure Mr Cameron feels he is doing what politicians do but to quote "All decisions including political ones, are basically moral ones, is it right or wrong"-Tony Benn
Mr Cameron may make what he feels are the right choices from a financial and economic but from a Moral point he is wrong.

I think the new spirituality will be a spirituality that's not based on a particular dogma. And that steps away from the old spiritual paradigm that we have created on this planet, which comes from a thought that there is such a thing as being better.

Mon May 18, 2015 10:26 pm
Profile E-mail

If the UK, and its dominions, had become federal,a degree of autonomy given to counties, a lot of the arguments would evaporate.

Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:57 pm
Profile E-mail