View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:54 pm

Future of forum 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Future of forum
Is there a future for the forum? ULC forums are having difficulties all accept the ULC.net.
Any ideas?

Sat May 25, 2019 11:32 am
Profile E-mail

Are you ordained by ULC?: No
Post Re: Future of forum
Depends what you all want really? Is the forum just a place to discuss and share ideas? Then you are likely going to continue much as you have in the past with intermittent peaks in activity followed by periods of almost none. Is the forum going to be a gateway for those in the UK who choose the ULC as their body in which to practise ministry then lots would need to change, but in all honesty with the great number of churches in the Independent Sacramental Movement, The Unitarians and The Quakers who also provide varying to degrees of resources, training etc thats an uphill battle of itself to try and climb, not impossible but still not easy.

I posted elsewhere on my disappointment, which in turn led me towards the Independent Sacramental Movement so maybe thats what it becomes a place to sign post people as well as the discussion element of it. This place is the place where I first began my journey into the Independent Sacramental Movement which has eventually lead to my ordination into the Episcopal Catholic Church this July.

So I'm not against or trying to be overly negative, I dont believe I get to where I am without first coming here, I also know that my thought in my previous post are a reflection of what I felt at different times engaging with what is the only UK presence of the ULC, not a fault of the ULC but a reality of the way things are in this country. But there is certainly a lot more that could be done here to direct people and educate people more about the wider Independent Sacramental Movement as one avenue of interest.

As I said it depends on what everyone wants for a long time, all anyone has wanted is for it to remain the same, and if that is still the case then it means things will unlikely change thats me not being negative but realistic about it, speaking now as someone who is a part of the Independent Sacramental Movement is the Member at Large for the Progressive Christian Alliance and is a Licensed Minister (level before a priest) in the Episcopal Catholic Church there is a massive hunger and searching of people who have faith but feel so despondent towards the Cofe or the Roman Catholic Church etc who dont find the Unitarians or Quakers a fit for them. Its finding those people and reaching them, this forum could well play a big part in directing people to places where they could feel at home.

But again thats down to the membership as a whole and the people who run this place.

I think the new spirituality will be a spirituality that's not based on a particular dogma. And that steps away from the old spiritual paradigm that we have created on this planet, which comes from a thought that there is such a thing as being better.

Sun May 26, 2019 12:32 pm
Profile E-mail

i finally got back into this site after fighting with it for quite a while.

i have learned quite a bit from the folks here,but can't say one way or the other what is going to happen with the forum.

i do know that not having a current security certificate(don't know what it's called in computerease)isn't helpful.and i know that the seminary is in the same position,and makes using it difficult.

Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:32 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Without posts the forum is dead. Nothing else will happen and we lose our point of contact.

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:56 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Has Facebook and Twitter killed the forum?

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:07 pm
Profile E-mail