View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:03 pm

So what's everyone doing? 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: So what's everyone doing?
Update on the new job situation.

The company I had started with is a brokerage firm, for insurance, and they work with 30 insurance companies, getting business for them, and processing all the new customers.

I went in for a job interview for a sales position.
I love working with people and I am quite good at it.
They need Spanish/English bilinguals.

During the job interview, the owner told me they need help in the accounting department and asked me if I'd be willing to give that a try, that they would train me.
He sent me to get trained as a sales agent for 5 days, so I could "understand the sales aspect of it, and how it ties to the accounting side of the business. He knew I did not have any accounting experience before this, but wanted me to try it.

So, last week I trained at 3 different locations, with great sales people who proved to be great teachers.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday (last week), then `Monday and Tuesday (this week) i was a the stores, learning how to do sales.

This week, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, I was in the actual accounting department of the company, and started the accounting side of the training.
Wednesday was overwhelming. The girls were training me in everything at once, instead of giving me one are to help them with.
Thursday was a little better, and today was a little better.
At the end of the day today I was warned that tomorrow Saturday would be really busy and hectic. ~Jessica had me start on some reports today, so I would have a head start on them before tomorrow.
I told Juliana I would come in early tomorrow morning, before business hours started, to continue working on the second leg of what I had started today. She said she'd get there 10 mins early, to let me in.

Well, while I was driving home, Jessica texted me to tell me that she had spoken to a "manager" and they had decided that the office was too fast paced for me, and that I needed to giver her my mailing address so they could mail me my last paycheck!!!

I know I am supposed to feel shocked. but I do not even know how to feel!

The owner of the company hired me and told me I would get trained,
yet the director of accounting fired me.
There are no "managers" in the office I'd been working at, so I think the "manager" might be a euphemism for the boss.

Sat May 06, 2017 7:09 am
Profile E-mail

Oh.

Sat May 13, 2017 6:54 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am sorry Lannah. What a horrible experience. Rotten company.

Sun May 14, 2017 12:19 am
Profile E-mail

I know.

I used to train new employees. It would have never occurred to me that someone could learn everything about a particular position in 3 days!

Bad company indeed!

Wed May 17, 2017 4:46 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sadly that is the case nowadays. Bitter, cold and heartless employers with not a care for those they employ. I know someone who trains people for a short while and sacks them when they quality just to keep the wages down. Horrid really

Thu May 18, 2017 2:30 pm
Profile E-mail

Pete wrote:
Sadly that is the case nowadays. Bitter, cold and heartless employers with not a care for those they employ. I know someone who trains people for a short while and sacks them when they quality just to keep the wages down. Horrid really

Ouch!
Something like that happens over here, you are given a 3 year non-renewable contract, you get a 2% cost of living raise each year, and then when you are bid farewell, they hire the next person, at the salary level you were given 3 years ago, in spite of the cost of living going up and up.

Salaries stay low, but the younger generations cannot afford to live ... !

Thu May 18, 2017 6:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ditto Lannah once they qualify there is nothing for them. Its horrid really.

Sat May 20, 2017 7:43 pm
Profile E-mail