View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:01 am

Popping In 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Popping In
Greetings and blessings.

When I left this group to follow a Unitarian path I did vow to carry the ULC spirit I had found and to pop back and say hello from time to time. I'm sorry this 'popping back' has taken so long.

There are a great many similarities between the Unitarians and the ULC, as you would expect from both faiths being Univeralists. The greatest differences are of course the ordination process and the fact the Unitarians and Unitarian Universalists in the USA are very much established faiths. But there are bridges to and from and paths we could share.

The church I attend is going through some renovation work, with decorating (hopefully starting in the not too distant future) being the final step. Services range from liberal Christian to multi-faith, with sermons, hymns meditation, music and poetry. Recently I facilitated a cafe style service whereby people could bring their own readings and items to be used in the service. Last week was a flower communion.

The church let out to various groups and other faiths and in the past has been shared with the Metropolitan Community Church on the alternate Sundays when there is no Unitarian service. If you wish to hold a ULC Weekend on the English Riviera or an annual get together, I'm sure we would accommodate this, so perhaps something to discuss.

Many things have happened in the country and throughout the world since my last visit. Brexit, Trump, a General Election, an increase in the terror threat and the many tragic deaths that have occured as a result of terrorism. The world is a very different place to what it was 5 or ten years ago. But there are two sides to everything, and where there is hatred in one person there exists love in 100 or more others. It is up to all of us to show the face of love, compassion and understanding and stand together in portraying this.

Thank you for letting me return to share these few words.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Popping In
Keep returning my friend.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:30 pm
Profile E-mail

stop back by as you can.

Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:10 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

I was at the Unitarian church in Islington last year. To see Kris Kristofferson. Been a fan since about '71. Probably about as close to a religious experience I'll ever have.

Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:36 pm
Profile E-mail

Thank you all ...as you can see I've popped in again.
A very interesting comment regarding 'religious experience'. What would we call a religious experience?Probably each of us has a different answer to this question. For me personally I would call it more a spiritual rather than religious experience which I find. We sometimes hear the phrase 'recharging the batteries' regarding something which gives us a boost of energy. So a religious or spiritual experience can boost our spiritual energy.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:14 pm
Profile E-mail

I think it is just endorphins.

Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:40 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome back Rev Richard.

Like you I pop in every now and then. From now on though I will be trying to fill Pete's shoes so I hope to be here more often.

Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:08 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

I hope you've got big feet.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:06 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not that big but I have plenty of newspaper I can stuff the toes out with :lol:

Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:35 am
Profile E-mail WWW

I dont "pop in" as often as I should but when I do I absolutely love reading the comments. They make me smile or think differently from say another point of view and I like that. I dont often write anything as I feel I'm not knowledgeable enough on any one subject to make comments but I do love reading them and I was in a panic earlier when I couldnt get to this site and needed Pete's help. Thank you Pete by the way.

Love, Life and energy to you

Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:26 pm
Profile E-mail