View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:39 am

logo 

Are you ordained by ULC?: No
Post logo
is there somewhere we can download the logo for webpages etc?
thanks

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:57 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: logo
Sorry geemee the logo is copywritten. We needed to do that because there are other sites which would like to pretend that they are us.
The shields are also copywritten. I know some have used the logos from the ULC HQ on their forums.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:21 pm
Profile E-mail

Are you ordained by ULC?: No
OK thanks
cheers

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:35 pm
Profile E-mail

Ahhhh.... must apologise as I have used both logos on my ULC South Devon website, but have stated it is not an official ULC site. I will have to get round to changing it during the week.
I suppose what we really need to look for is a symbol for Universalism. Can I suggest a bowl or cup and blend this within the official ULC logo. I suggest a bowl or cup as whatever religion we are or if we have no religion at all we are all drinking from the bowl or cup of life

Rev Richard, I have sent you an email about this. You have my permission. The shield pointing in many directions and a star in the middle is supposed to represent unity from many directions. In other words it is a universal symbol.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:49 am
Profile E-mail

:yinyang:

Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:25 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rev Richard, I have sent you an email about this. You have my permission. The shield pointing in many directions and a star in the middle is supposed to represent unity from many directions. In other words it is a universal symbol.

I best explain. A while back we had a member who got very offensive to members and about the forum. He got banned and his posts and name were deleted. It was very unpleasant and I found it was upsetting.. He then made relationships with the ULC monastery which is not part of the main ULC family. He set up another website and called it the ULC in the UK and used logos. We had to stop him doing this as he would just cause confusion. Hence the Logos are copyrighted. I designed the logo and so I copyrighted it. He never got anywhere because I alerted all the other ULC forums. We have members from each of the ULC forums. However we were cautious for a while because I was not convinced he may try other methods to get what he wanted.
It now stands that people can use the logo only if they have permission from any Admin member (me, Rev. Carry or Califer). I am really sorry it had to come to this but some do not have respect for our members and Life does not always flow the way you or I want it. I hope you understand.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:12 am
Profile E-mail

Pete wrote:

I best explain. A while back we had a member who got very offensive to members and about the forum. He got banned and his posts and name were deleted. It was very unpleasant and I found it was upsetting.. He then made relationships with the ULC monastery which is not part of the main ULC family. He set up another website and called it the ULC in the UK and used logos. We had to stop him doing this as he would just cause confusion. Hence the Logos are copyrighted. I designed the logo and so I copyrighted it. He never got anywhere because I alerted all the other ULC forums. We have members from each of the ULC forums. However we were cautious for a while because I was not convinced he may try other methods to get what he wanted.
It now stands that people can use the logo only if they have permission from any Admin member (me, Rev. Carry or Califer). I am really sorry it had to come to this but some do not have respect for our members and Life does not always flow the way you or I want it. I hope you understand.

Fully understand Pete, and can definitely see the reasons why. As the old saying goes 'You can never be too careful'. Also thanks for your permission for use of the logo on the ULC South Devon site.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:15 pm
Profile E-mail

This is really sad.
I hate to ask this, but was that troublesome person from the US?

Pete wrote:

Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

No they were from the UK. I do not want to mention them by name Lannah as I do not want attract their attention or attract attention to them. He is still with the monastery.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:22 pm
Profile E-mail

Pete wrote:
No they were from the UK. I do not want to mention them by name Lannah as I do not want attract their attention or attract attention to them. He is still with the monastery.

Not a problem! Understood!

Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:48 pm
Profile E-mail