View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:14 pm

Ideas for improving the forum 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Ideas for improving the forum
We would welcome Ideas that people have for improving the forum.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:14 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Ideas for improving the forum
A clean up of old out dated posts would be a start. Maybe time limit messages so they automatically delete after a length of time.
Put a page up explaining how this forum came about out of the American site. Who started it? What was their idea behind it and do they think it is still following or growing in the direction that they invisaged.
How much does it cost to run the site and could a donations page be set up to help with running costs.

Love, Life and energy to you

Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Some good suggestions there Lisa, thank you for your input, this is just to give you some feedback and not the end of the discussion.

We will be looking at pruning the forum of outdated posts, however, I think (JMO) that we should keep this to a manual process because some of the posts are very informative and would be a loss to the forum if they were deleted because they had reached an expiry date.

The idea of a histoy page is great but might be one that would be a bit difficult to acurately create to be honest. I can remember joining one of its predecessor forums back in 2002. There have been many different faces of the forum over the years and the admins have not always agreed on the direction the forum should run. I am glad to say that we do not have that difficulty today.

Sadly there was a breakdown a few years ago and the founders went their own way which steered away from the idea of universal faith and concentrated on one path. I had left the forum with a couple of other members prior to this because of a crisis of personal faith and when I returned the forum had had a make-over. It is, as you see it now, a forum where anyone can come to worship, chat, tell a story, share their poetry, pass on teaching and have a laugh; whatever their faith.

As to the question of cost - the Admin team would have to discuss that before making any decisions :wink:

Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:48 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Lisa, I think we have not really broken away from the US site. Even, before the forum was originally formed we discussed on the ULC.net forum about having a UK forum so we could use it to build on UK perspectives because the problems and issues we face in the UK are very different from those who practice their ministry in the US.
We are not really a break away forum. More like a UK branch.
The forum was as, Califer mentioned, later remodelled because some were not happy to accept a universal approach or recognise that as a universal forum one cannot uphold one religious viewpoint above all others.
The Universal Life Church has always recognised the ministry of each individual and has never demanded that people should sign up to one particular viewpoint or creed or other set of beliefs. We seek to continue in that tradition.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:42 pm
Profile E-mail

I think we should get a new barman.I'm rubbish.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

What would we do without you at the bar? Who else would listen to me. :lol:

Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:49 pm
Profile E-mail

Glad to read all the updates :grin: and I like the way this forum is. I love the UK Branch. Its informative and does have diverse religious beliefs within it. Its not pushing me or pulling me in any one direction. It allows me to make up my own mind and to have a say if I choose to that wont be belittled or put down by others who dont share my opinion. Thats why I love it so much. Plus I learn about so many different topics, issues and about peoples religions that I'd not thought about before.
Mines a pint of Guinness Zen when your ready that is :lol:

Love, Life and energy to you

Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Personally speaking, I am rather "fond" of "rubbish" ! :tongue:

Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:34 am
Profile E-mail

i remember the previous uk forum also,as does carrie.i learned alot and still do about the different things you guys deal with,including a state religion(something i really have no concept of).

at the same time,i also understand how some things aren't really any different than they are here.

do i have any suggestions?not at this point.just wanted to say i'm glad the forum is here.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:05 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin
Site Admin

For one's average day, I would say there is not much difference between UK and the US. It just gets complicated with legal issues as many of these things have a history (sometimes largely irrelevant nowadays) in the UK that is not so easy to change. The US was able to shed much of this and start to think anew. However, the state religion may have to change as they have made a new rule that a king or Queen can be a Catholic. This would be a conflict of interest to make them also the head of the prodestant C of E. So watch this spot.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:17 pm
Profile E-mail